Dansearena nord has the pleasure of inviting Norwegian and Russian dance artists to participate in a one-week artistic laboratory in Hammerfest moderated by Norwegian dance artist Liv-Hanne Haugen. Read more about Liv Hanne here.
– an experienced dance artist working in the independent field in Norway or Russia?
– open minded and interested in cross border collaboration and possibilities?
– ready to expand your professional practice?
This is an opportunity for you!
We are looking for independent dance professionals, with an already established professional background. The format of the laboratory will consist of both independent work and tasks that require collaboration in groups. Liv-Hanne will throughout the week propose different tools to enable a deepening of own artistic practices, as well as sharing artistic processes.
The LAB offers a unique chance to explore your own artistic work in meeting with others, to broaden your artistic network, and propose new perspectives on the theme of cross border collaboration.
When? 13th – 17th of April 2014
Where? Hammerfest, Norway
Requirements for applicants
1) All participants are required to have high-level English skills, and the ability to communicate both in spoken and written English. We only accept applications in English.
2) Every LAB day will start with a warm-up session led by the LAB participants, applicants must therefore be ready to lead the group through one 45min session during the week.
3) To apply please send a CV/resume of your work experience along with a motivation letter where you tell a little about your artistic work and why this LAB is of interest to you. (max. one A4 page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 22nd of December 2014
A limited number of participants will be chosen. The chosen participants will be contacted for a phone/Skype interview.
All applicants will receive an answer before 9th of January 2015.
Dansearena nord covers all travel expenses.
Participants will receive free accommodation and per diems during their stay.